1.12.09

The Importance of XX. really??

This morning i did the unthinkable: i opened my eyes (gasp!) it was interesting because i realised in a fraction of a second firstly that my alarm had conveniently forgotten to ring and secondly that the sun was up nice and bright and shinning.. no problems there! but then the rest of the second followed and i had to undergo all the usual humiliation -get up, wash up, dress up, shut up and work- and during the later i suddenly became aware that I had stopped caring for some things. Like for example.. who really gives a shit if I have finished this or that translation correctly? No one but my perfectionist self. Who really cares if I have chased around the people I was supposed to chase with no result (me again) and above all, who really cares if I feel misunderstood, wronged or simply pissed off? (take your time answering this one)

So I reached the conclusion that all things are as serious or as frail and superficial as we allow them to be. And what some perceive as carelessness and self imposed lack of interest, other perceive as lack of perspective.. so we all do our little dance around meaningless things until one day we wake up late for work on a sunny morning and realize that the phone hasn’t rung, the boss isn’t pissed off yet and you (who left the office at nine in the evening yesterday) have definitely earned a few more moments of relaxation (if such word really exists).

Don't tell me this has already crossed your mind a few times?
if so, could you remind me what are you really stressing about?

No comments:

Post a Comment