9.12.09

The Exponential Dream Theory

Ever since I can remember, my dreams have been strange. I don't mean it the way you think. we all have freakishly strange dreams from time to time. what i mean is that my dreams are weird in general.. by common acceptance.. by everyone i've ever narrated them to.
for example, things are always different but i perceive them to be the same: my family's cabin in the mountains is a completely different cabin in completely different mountains, but every time I dream about it it's the same different place (wow.. you have to appreciate my writing there!!). it has the same weird tree standing by the estate door, the same furniture, the same neighbours and the same strange little path the leads there- none of which exist in real life. when i was younger i dreamt once that aliens came down because they needed my help to save their world and at the end of the dream (they rarely get cut off in the middle) they told me that I could visit them twice more. which I did, a year later and a year after that. my friends are all there- just off the screen- as they look in real life, I have superpowers (I always have the power to fly whenever I want and wherever I am, I just have to run a little and then take slight steps upward until I find a current that takes me as high as I want. like a bird), my brother is always in and out of the picture, my language is always the same kind of telepathic blabber that my subconscious is trying to let out but cant. I understand I speak but when I analyse it I prefer thinking. so all my dream characters think instead of talking and talk only when they are angry.
there is one thing I never manage to do. I seldom manage to ride a horse in my dreams, although, in the really cruel ones I endlessly search for one just to wake up when I find it. I always loved horse riding, so it was something I did often as a child and I can't think of a reason why my subconscious would want to put me through such an ordeal..
other curious instances include replaying the movie I just saw, commercial breaks, end credits and cast notes. and I see all these things in a new light. true. pure and unintentionally sincere. sometimes i have amazing dreams. stories of valiant deeds and heroic acts and battles and pain and running. some others i just see myself relaxing in the comfort of my own home (which is differently the same of course), or i just dream of black. yes. that might win the prize. i dream. black. it's not that i don't remember. it's just black.
last night I saw that I was standing in a pool of light. It was wonderfull. I was just standing in a pool of light waiting for my body to call me back to earth for yet another monday (or is it wednesday..?). and when i woke up, I couldn't shake the feeling that what I left behind, was more of a reality than the one I'm in now.

No comments:

Post a Comment